TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 [and, where applicable, the UK GDPR];|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Data Protection Legislation”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Aegis the Union, whose registered address is 1-3 Lochside Crescent, Edinburgh Park, Edinburgh, EH12 9SE, and whose main trading address is 1-3 Lochside Crescent, Edinburgh Park, Edinburgh, EH12 9SE.|
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by US
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com
- We are a member of Trade Union Congress.
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site to allow members to access third party content (e.g. YouTube). For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.
- Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire after a maximum of 2 years.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
- What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Strictly Necessary|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Issued by Microsoft’s ASP.NET Application, this cookie stores session data during a user’s website visit||Yes|
|__RequestVerificationToken||This cookie is set by web application built in ASP.NET MVC Technologies. This is an anti-forgery cookie used for preventing cross site request forgery attacks.||Yes|
- The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|CONSENT||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.||YouTube||No|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.||YouTube||No|
|YSC||YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.||YouTube||No|
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) analytics Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
Google uses this cookie for security. It contains digitally signed and encrypted records of a user’s Google account ID and most recent sign-in time. This cookie allows google to block many types of attack, such as attempts to steal the content of forms that you complete on web pages.
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|_ga||he _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||Google Analytics||No|
|APISID||Set by DoubleClick. This cookie is set through the site by advertising partners, and used by them to build a profile of the website visitors interests and show relevant ads on other sites. This cookie works by uniquely identifying your browser and device||google.com||No|
|SID||Google uses this cookie for security. It contains digitally signed and encrypted records of a user’s Google account ID and most recent sign-in time. This cookie allows google to block many types of attack, such as attempts to steal the content of forms that you complete on web pages.||google.com||No|
|HSID||Google uses this cookie for security. It contains digitally signed and encrypted records of a user’s Google account ID and most recent sign-in time. This cookie allows google to block many types of attack, such as attempts to steal the content of forms that you complete on web pages.||google.com||No|
|SSID||Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.||google.com||No|
|SAPISID||This DoubleClick cookie is generally set through the site by advertising partners, and used by them to build a profile of the website visitor’s interests and show relevant ads on other sites. This cookie works by uniquely identifying your browser and device.||google.com||No|
|These cookies are used to deliver ads more relevant to you and your interests.||google.com||No|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users on the Google Analytics platform.||google.com||No|
|NID, AEC, CONSENT,1P_JAR||Set by Google. This group sets a unique ID to remember your preferences and other information such as website statistics and track conversion rates.||google.com||No|
|wordpress_test_cookie||This cookie is used to check whether your web browser can allow or reject cookies||www.aegistheunion.co.uk||No|
|wordpress_logged_in_||This cookie indicates that you are logged in, and who you are, for most interface use.||www.aegistheunion.co.uk||No|
|wp-settings-||Cookie is used to preserve user’s wp-admin settings||www.aegistheunion.co.uk||No|
|wp-settings-time-||Sets the time at which wp-settings-* was set||www.aegistheunion.co.uk||No|
|cookieyes-consent||CookieYes sets this cookie to remember users’ consent preferences so that their preferences are respected on their subsequent visits to this site. It does not collect or store any personal information of the site visitors.||www.aegistheunion.co.uk||No|
|__stripe_mid||Helps Stripe track and manage a user’s session while they interact with the website. This cookie helps ensure the security and functionality of payment transactions.||www.aegistheunion.co.uk||No|
|mailpoet_page_view||It helps MailPoet collect data on which pages or content users have viewed, allowing website owners to gain insights into user behaviour and preferences.||www.aegistheunion.co.uk||No|
|_lscache_vary||used to handle cache variations based on different user characteristics or conditions.||www.aegistheunion.co.uk||No|
- Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a cookie consent prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- Further Information
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following: